February 8, 2008

Ann Just Can't Keep Her Damn Mouth Shut

In a recent Fox interview, Ann Coulter was quoted as saying she would campaign for Hillary if McCain wins. Here is an excerpt from that interview:

COULTER: No, and if you're looking at substance rather than whether it's an R or D after his name, manifestly, if our's candidate than Hillary's going to be our girl, Sean, because she's more conservative than he is. I think she would be stronger on the war on terrorism. I absolutely believe that.

HANNITY: That's the one area I disagree with you.

COULTER: No, yes, we're going to sign up together. Let me explain that point on terrorism.

HANNITY: You'd vote for Hillary —

COULTER: I will campaign for her if it's McCain.




She has said a lot of stupid things, but this really takes the cake. Even Rush Limbaugh couldn't find it in himself to defend this insipid comment. It is just so ridiculous. No matter how liberal you may think McCain's views are (and yes, he has some very liberal views) he is most certainly more conservative than Hillary Clinton, as well as every other Democrat front runner.

Does she honestly believe that Hillary is going to be a better choice to lead the War on Terror than John McCain? My guess is no; she is doing it for attention, which in turn puts money in her pocket. I don't believe she is a stupid woman, and she doesn't appear insane, so the only conclusion I have left is that her greed has overwhelmed her ideology. Which is actually more disappointing. I would almost rather that she were stupid or insane.

I never really took her that seriously anyway, but any credibility she had with me before evaporated with that stupid comment. While he may not be conservative enough on most issues, on every issue John McCain is more conservative than Hillary Clinton. And to any real (sane) conservative, that would be obvious.

I know you need to sell your books Ann, but please try to avoid stabbing the party in the back in the process.

No comments: